Terms and Conditions
1. ’Ori Tahiti in Singapore (hereafter referred to as “‘OTS”) promotes Polynesian culture through Tahitian dance lessons.
Dance class program.
2. The school proposes dance classes for adults.
- 2.1. Adults classes – Beginners – “Heipoe”
- 2.2. Adults classes – Intermediate – “Heiura”
3. Details of the ‘Ori Tahiti dance classes and the cost of the classes can be found at the following link: oritahiti-sg.com/sign-up/
Fees, payments, deposits, refunds.
4. ‘OTS offers a free trial dance class, which is valid for one-time use only (1 person, 1 time).
5. Class Terms
- 5.1 Each term consists of a number of lessons.
- 5.2 The planning and the fees of the term are communicated through Whatsapp and email.
- 5.3 Should a participant start their lessons mid-term, they only need to pay for the remaining lessons, not the whole term.
- 6.1. A single ticket lesson (drop-in) is S$45.
- 6.2. A book of 5 tickets costs S$200.
- 6.3. A book of 10 tickets costs S$300.
- 6.4. The book of tickets is transferable and can be shared with different participants.
- 6.5. Ticket holders can access any class of their choice.
- 6.6. Each book of ticket has a 3-month validity. Tickets will expire within 3 months from the date of purchase.
7. Participants/members must register online up to a week in advance for a free trial and a one-ticket lesson.
8. Participants will have access the videos, song lyrics and lyric translations taught in the classes they have taken, in accordance with the school’s planning. These videos and lyrics will help dancers practice at home to improve their skills
9. Payment methods
- 9.1. To make the enrolment process more convenient and to avoid disturbing the class, ‘OTS encourages participants and members to pay by bank transfer or cash deposit to DBS Savings 023-8048337.
- 9.2. Please send a Whatsapp message to +689 87 343 456 or an email email@example.com after making the transfer (please include transfer reference and your name).
- 9.3. An additional S$10 will be charged if participants/members pay by cash at class. Please contact us if you want to make payment by cash.
10. Please note that teachers and teaching assistants are not in charge of collecting payment.
11. Fees and deposit paid are not refundable.
Classes, attendance and absence.
12. Classes will not be conducted on public holidays.
13. No make-up classes will be held for absent participants on any account or circumstance
14. Dance venue, and timing of the class can be changed. At least 1-weeks’ notice will be given to members, if there are changes.
Dance class etiquettes.
15. Participants/members must arrive on time, and enter the dance studio discreetly if they are late.
16. No eating or drinking (except bottled water) is allowed in the dance studio
17. No shoes are allowed in the dance studio.
Media and publicity.
18. Photos and videos are taken during classes.
19. OTS may use these photographs/videos for publicity and advertising on our website, or marketing materials.
20. Participants/members can request not to be part of these materials and give notice in writing in the form of an email or letter.
21. Participants who wish to post their pictures from any classes or workshops should credit and tag @OriTahitiSingapore or #oritahitisg.
22. As part of Personal Data Protection Act, OTS seeks your permission to collect and store your personal data in accordance with our privacy statement. By registering with OTS, you have accepted its Terms and Conditions. Your signature is the certification of your agreement and that all information provided herewith is true and accurate.
23. If participants/members choose to submit an application or send OTS an email in which they provide OTS with personally identifiable data, OTS may share necessary data with Government agencies, unless such sharing is prohibited by legislation. OTS will not share participants’ personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
24. For the convenience of participants, OTS may also share data they had previously supplied OTS or other Government agencies. This will speed up transactions and save them the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should the data be out-of-date, participants must supply OTS with the latest data. OTS will retain their personal data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to them.
25. To safeguard participant’s personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is kept safe with appropriate security technologies.
26. Please note that OTS may email participants for the following purposes:
26.1. To notify members of their account details after registration;
26.3. Promotional emails containing latest OTS news and events.
Responsibility, waiver and release of liability.
27. By agreeing to the terms and conditions, participants/members attest that their registration is voluntary and personal. They acknowledge that OTS declines all responsibility in case of damage or any injury during the activities. They will not to hold OTS liable in the case of accidents during the activities.
28. Waiver and release of liability must be signed during registration and before the start of the class or activity.
Changes to the terms and conditions.
29. OTS reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
Agreement to the terms and conditions.
30. Participants are required to sign their acceptance of the terms and conditions upon registration before the start of the class or activity.